Spring Prep of Planes

Open for all to Registered users and club members to see

Spring Prep of Planes

Postby a10a9204 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Gang,

Well once this cold air and wind get out of here and the sun gets higher in the sky, it means that all the snow will be gone and time to get the planes out and ready to fly.

I have been doing my winter inspection of my Extra. I did an engine run and hear a weird noise. First I thought it was a pipe. I found the prop loose.

Well I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and am now changing the fuel lines in the tank. The lines in the tank are hard. So with many suggestions, I am changing them and doing a complete inspection of the fuel system.

Maybe it is a good time for all of us to go thru out gas hogs and get them prepped before that first nice day out!

Pete
"Its an option to take off, and mandatory to land"
a10a9204
Power Poster

Re: Spring Prep of Planes

Postby a10a9204 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm

All of my planes have had a GOOD going thru and are ready for the FIRST good day at the field. My list of planes are flight ready is:

J3 Cub
Tucano - 4Stroke
Jtech Extra 300 - DA100
L4 Grasshopper - G23
Crack Yak - electric
P51 - Tower Hobby .46 Glow
DeNight Special - G60 Electric with a 60A ESC
Katana - OS 55
Cub Trainer
Glider

I have also come up with a buddy Box that can be used with my radio. I have tested it with 4 different planes on the ground and functions 100%.

I hope everyone checks over their planes and gets them all set for spring flying. Looking forward to be seeing everyone again!

Pete
"Its an option to take off, and mandatory to land"
a10a9204
Power Poster

Return to General Discussion