How do you deal with the wind?

Open for all to Registered users and club members to see

How do you deal with the wind?

Postby gbullman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 pm

I took the day off of work today to fly because the weather forecast was for amazing temperatures, for February, and I was hoping for wind like yesterday (none).

True to WFC form, the wind was a lot, I would say about 15 MPH most of the day. And of course it was straight across the field so you better have a plan for your bigger / faster airplanes.

I will readily admit that I'd prefer much less wind but I got a bunch of flights in and brought all the planes I flew home in one piece. I did not get to maiden flight a plane I was hoping to fly because of the wind but otherwise had a good day.

I feel like I gained some confidence today that I can fly in a wide variety of conditions. For the next few years weekends will be my best opportunity to fly so I can't be too picky on what conditions I fly in.

Just curious who out there is more driven by schedule when it comes to flying and would go for it on a less than perfect day.

Hopefully, see you all soon!
Gary
It's a good day for flying!
gbullman
Stunt Pilot

Re: How do you deal with the wind?

Postby Sofaman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Gary,
I think most of us will go out to fly when conditions are not exactly ideal. Makes you a better pilot!

Dave
Sofaman
Airborne

Re: How do you deal with the wind?

Postby funflyerf4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:18 pm

[quote="Sofaman"]Gary,
I think most of us will go out to fly when conditions are not exactly ideal. Makes you a better pilot!

Or a better repairer :grin :grin :grin
funflyerf4
Hot Dogger

Return to General Discussion