Lipo Fire Please be careful

Open for all to Registered users and club members to see

Lipo Fire Please be careful

Postby phjoker » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 pm

The topic says it all!!!!

Please be careful when charging any Lipo Battery! I was reading a thread on RCU this morning and A person left 4 lipos on charge over night in the garage. When he woke up in
the morning he found his charger burnt to a crisp and had to clean the entire garage. Here is thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11130097/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Even though he was not using the balance ports to charge this could happen to anyone.

I am guilty of charging and walking away as well. I do however take the batteries out of the planes. Think about how much money we have invested in our planes,vehicles,trailers,houses
and everything else for one wrong thing from our batteries or chargers to happen.

How many of you charge your batteries in the plane??
I know some of us use them to help with the cg and the larger planes the batteries are so far back that you cant reach them to take them out. So ask yourself the next time you are charging your batteries and walk away IS IT WORTH IT??? Take the extra 5 minutes and take the batteries out and charge in a lipo sack, ammo box, or just outside on the cement.
**Can You Smell The Jet Fuel Burning**
phjoker
Circle Flyer

Return to General Discussion